
I love Mamma Mia. Last week my awesome (I mean she really is amazing) neighbor, Susan, invited me to a dinner and Mamma Mia party for last night. So about twelve women ranging from age 17 to 59 got together for a yummy dinner consisting of black bean chicken salad and french bread/mozzarella/basil/tomato sandwiches, and cous-cous. Then the encore of homemade cheesecake. And then I died and went to heaven. But I remembered I had to come back to see the movie, so I pulled myself out of food overdose heaven and went to the cinema.
Really, I knew the incarnation of the ABBA songs into Mamma Mia the musical, although, I had no idea what I was in for. Mamma Mia, the movie, was a total crack-up. We took up the middle section of two rows of chairs. Between our occasional singing outbursts and busting into spontaneous dance moves, we had a ball! It kept us in high spirits all the way home. It made me want to die my hair blonde and move to Greece and become a carefree hippie.
So take your girlfriends** (I can't believe that you took her hubby Lara, did he like it?) and your dancing shoes and a feather boa or two, and laugh away.
*Shout out to Stace for getting me hooked on ABBA back in the day- you still are the dancing queen in my eyes.*
**Um, the only thing is that if you are easily offended, don't go see this.
5 comments:
I was supposed to go with a girlfriend, but she went & saw it without me. So, technically I dragged Eric to it, but he did like it! He likes musicals. He did think it was more of a girly movie but he thought it was pretty funny!
I am so excited to see it. Hopefully I can have a girls night and go one of these days. You know how I do love Abba.
P.S. Thanks for the shot out :)
Ha ha, yeah, I know what you mean about the offensive stuff! We saw the Broadway production last summer and there were some pretty suggestive things in it. I was surprised!
YES! I really want to see this movie and I am glad you liked it.
You're so funny!! I can totally see you dancing and singing in the theatre! Between you and Lara, you have me excited for it, so I might just have to go see it!!
Post a Comment