So I have to post a quick update on Ashton's potty training. So as I have voiced to a few of you in person, I have been sooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated with this whole potty training thing. Ash has shown interest for the last year, but has always turned into a power struggle, so I just stopped. A week ago, I was like okay I am just going to accept that Ashton can't go to preschool because she is still going to be in diapers until she is five or older. Seriously. Ugh.
Then a few days ago, I saw my cousin Kedra's blog about how she was potty training her little girl. She had a ton of good ideas and fun things to do. So it reinvigorated my desire to start again.
So here's the update: Ashton had five accidents yesterday and four successes. She wore panties instead of pullups all day, except for when we went to the rental and the store, she wore a swim diaper (I was out of pull ups, so it made it plausible that neither Ash nor I could just fall back on them.
Nighttime: Ash wore a pull up and was dry in the morning! Then she went #1.
Daytime: Throughout the day she has only had one accident! And about five successes and it is 5:20pm. I am so elated.
Oh Heaven help that this little jaunt will continue. I need some serious prayers!!!!!!
4 comments:
I am definitely sending prayers your way, lots of them!!!! It sounds like she is making really good progress already. hang in there because its definitely worth it! Good Job!
Hang in there, it will continue to get better!! You're doing great and Ashton will have it down before you know it - it's just frustrating between now and then - but you both have my prayers!! :)
So, are you using a little potty seat or the regular toiler? I'm not sure what to use when the time comes for our girls to be potty trained.
Good luck! Zach is now fully potty trained during the day. Within a matter of days, he just decided he was ready. Now we have to start doing the pullup/training at night thing. I need the luck and prayers too!
Post a Comment