Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Adrienne's First Birthday Celebrations

Adrienne's Birthday was a three part event. First we had dinner cake and ice cream at our house at night. Then the next day we went to the park to open presents and let the kids play. It was so nice and relaxing. We had a good bonding experience as a family and I am really happy the pictures turned out so good.
Look at her staring intently at the flame like what the hey is this?




Adrienne trying out her new walker,


After the park we decided to get some lunch and head out to First Dam. Ashton threw stuff into the Dam:

Adrienne sat on the grass and watched the ducks and Dan and I played frisbee.
Here's Dan fishing out the frisbee right before I pushed him in the water:


Just kidding, but don't think I didn't seriously consider it.

Dan got a phone call so I decided to take Ashton and Adrienne into the new tunnel. Ashton wanted to keep walking up the trail. Next thing I know we are on a full blown hike to the top of the mountain. Ashton walked the whole way. I kept asking if she was ready to go back and she insisted on continuing. She is one tough cookie! I was thoroughly impressed with her hiking skills. (and mine too for that matter carrying a twenty five pound baby). The water on the other side of the road in the bottom left corner is where we started. We decide to take a break on this nice park bench overlooking the valley.


Dan ran up the trail to meet us. After this we hiked down and went home. I don't remember what we did the rest of the day, but I think it entailed lots of water and sleep. It sure was a beautiful day outside.
Here's my little shadow: Love you baby.

3 comments:

The Swensons said...

Very cute pics! You are so ambitious to write so many blogs in so few days! I admire you. Wanna work on my blog? :)

Kyla Stevens said...

Well, I actually wrote them in one night. I started at 10pm on tuesday then finished at 2am on wednesday. Adrienne was awake due to a thunderstorm/wind storm and I thought "if I'm up I might as well be doing something productive". I have thought about these posts so much I already had them mapped out in my head before I started. does anyone else do that?

C and C Young said...

How fun! You are such an awesome mom.