
At any point of the day, you could find me consuming an undisclosed amount of sugar. Lets just say that my food pyramid is inverted and sugar is the base.
So my reason for spilling my guts? I am thinking about, no attempting to, no I AM going to go on a sugar fast for twelve days. Why the indecisiveness? Well last time I decided to go on a sugar fast it was 24 hours of see-sawing mind self-talk, "you want some candy, just go in the cupboard and get some", "no you don't need it, you can do without, you will be stronger in the race without it". All of this going on while I would walk into the kitchen then will myself to go back into the living room flinging my arms out and falling on Dan's lap all Scarlet O'Hara-esque, and asking Dan to stop me from eating our kitchen like the VeRy HunGrY CaTePiLLaR ate through its own book. And that was only for 12 hours.
If I don't die while doing this "sugar strike" or buy myself a hoop skirt and move to the south, I am hoping to be more energized and lose a little waist and hiney and have a big sprint to the end of this weight loss/runningahalfmarathon training in less than two weeks.
Please subject yourselves to this same type of deprivation with me so that I can have a support system.
Confessing and pleading,
Kyla
4 comments:
You are so funny! I think I say that on every post, if I don't type it I am always thinking it. You can do it Kyla! The first few days are so hard, but then it gets easier and easier. Sounds so simple doesn't it? Ha Ha
seriously, good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.
Chad is in on the 12 day sugar strike!! He does this from time to time and needs to do it again and said that he would. You have our support!!
You go!!! Let us know how you do.
Oh my gosh, that was one of the funniest posts I've ever read! You crack me up. I feel the same way. I just finished a Hostess cupcake, and am considering going for seconds... So you'd better count me out for the whole sugar thing! :) But best of luck to you. You have a whole lot more will-power than me.
Post a Comment