Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Book of Mormon Challenge

Some of you may have noticed the Hinckley challenge on the right. I have decided as part of my personal spiritual goal to read the Book of Mormon. I realize that it is just that, personal. But I do need to have some type of accountability, so that is why I posted it on this blog, because I check the blog everyday, but I don't read scriptures every day, so I am going to use this forum as a reminder. I don't want to "show off" or be "holier than thou" or anything crazy like that, you guys know me. Some spirituality will do me good. So there you go. The Hinckley Challenge. I'm already 121 pages behind so I have some catch up! Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Kristy Weaver said...

kyla, you could never be holier than thou. but it is funny what you said about checkin blogs every day but not reading every day. I think that same thing when I am reading a book before I go to bed b/c I could be reading the BOM. I think I got "bored" with the BOM so I started reading books by the prophets about temples, etc. I count that as my spiritual reading too. I think this is a great goal and I might have to look into it! :) Hope to see you in April!

The Swensons said...

Good luck! I only read a chapter each day, so I don't think I could do it that quickly! So you go girl! Also, I'm so sorry I never responded to you when you asked how to have your music start on different songs. When you go to get the html code in project playlist, it should take you to a step where it asks if you want autostart, shuffle, and what color you want it. Just click yes on the shuffle, get the new code, and you should be good to go! If you have questions, let me know. Thanks!

Laura said...

You are so holier than thou!
Haha! Just kiddin! I think that's great that you are reading it. I'd have to post something like that too in order to motivate myself a little more....

Sherwoods said...

way to go! I wish you the best of luck!