Everyday Ashton does something amusing. Since I use this blog as a little journal too, I thought I would include a little story so I don't forget. Feel free to skip it.
Since the beginning of the semester me and the kids would take Dan to school occasionally. Incidentally, Dan's teacher would pass out candy to the class, so when we would drive up to pick him up Ashton would get so excited to see him, "Papa, Papa!!!" she would yell. Dan would say, "Ashton, look what I have for you" and Ash would say loudly: "Candy, Candy!!!" even more excited. Dan would take the candy out of his pocket and hand it to her. This continued for a few weeks in a row. With each time Ash became increasingly excited about the candy and decreasingly excited about seeing Dan (sorry sweetie, I know she loves you at heart). As the semester has worn on we stopped driving him due to scheduling conflicts. So when Dan would come home Ashton would say, "Papa, candy?" meaning where's the candy? She started asking everytime Dan came home from anywhere, "Papa, candy". He would have to explain to her that he didn't have candy all the time. When she started realizing that her sweets streak might be running out she got skeptical thinking we might be hiding it from her. So one day Dan came home from school and ash asked the same question, Dan said I don't have any today". Ash gave him a hard look and reached right in his pocket and said "where, candy"?! Now it is a regular routine, Dan comes home and Ashton reaches in his pocket to see if he has candy. It makes me laugh, but I can't help but wonder if Dan is secretly offended. I can't wait to take her trick-or-treating it will be her favorite thing to do go around to strangers and ask them to give her candy. HaHa.
1 comment:
Cute! Once little kids start getting candy, they expect it to keep coming! (Of course, I do too! Ha ha, but at least I understand why it might stop...) As for the black widow picture, ewww!!! ;) I hate those things!
Post a Comment