I started this year with grand ambitions to be the best person I could be. This is my year to lose weight, grow a garden, hometeach preschool, increase relationships, read standard works, become Martha Stewart and Oprah. I even got nominated for the Mother of the Year Award!
But after careful review of tonights events and a follow up of the last few months that nomination has been suspended for the following reasons:
Tonight I started out updating the blog with wonderful stories and pictures of Ashton's birthday party, our trip to Seattle, Easter, our new stroller, potty training, Adrienne's progress with walking, but instead I got sidetracked working and problem solving with our rentals internet. Between phone calls from unnamed internet provider, tenants, potential tentants, and Dan, my neglected baby ended up crying herself to sleep in the crib, Ashton-after repeated attemps to put her to sleep downstairs- fell asleep underneath the computer desk. And is still there as we speak. All of this has led to the Mother of the Year Award Committe putting me on probation. Not to mention our recent outing with friends where I realized that I am inhibiting my children's development by still letting the older one remain unpotty trained, sleep in the crib, suck her thumb, hold my hair when she is tired, and let the younger one still sleep in my bed, nurse her to sleep instead of self soothe, and not teaching her to walk yet.
If that isn't bad enough the M.O.T.Y.A. committee found out that I also lack in the following areas: dish cleaning, sock folding, dinner cooking, teaching youngins, park playing, bill paying, and heaven forbid patience.
Oh well. There's always next year!
Wish me luck!
7 comments:
You will always be the mother of the year in my book! YOu are a wonderful wife and mother and don't ever let anyone tell you differently. Though I did find your post to be quite witty. :)
I agree--you are number one in my book as well. I can hardly handle one infant and a stay at home job, let alone two kids and a job, so you are light years ahead of me! You blog looks SO CUTE! I am jealous.
Okay, so can I just say I am in the EXACT same boat as you?! I seriously couldn't have said it better than you just did. Gavin is older than Ashton and still isn't potty trained, Tyler will probably be allowed to have bottles in bed until he's two, and frankly, I just don't care! (Okay, well maybe I do care about the potty training thing since he starts preschool in the Fall, but still...) Sometimes it just feels like too much on one person's plate, so I honestly have no clue how you do it between everything you have going on! And let me just say it again, you are my parenting idol. Seriously, I am aiming to become like you! :) (I hope all of that made sense. I'm really in a rambling mood today. Sorry!)
kyla- I love you. you are like the only person that ever comments on my blog. I look forward to the comments because I know they come from you and you are my bff! Love you tons!
You're background & your "Laugh everyday" thing is so cute! Where did you get them from?
hi. nice going. hope you enjoyed conference. I enjoyed the kids jumping in the waterfall.
love grandpa
Kyla, you crack me up. That was just like reading a memo from my life! From the sound of it, you're pretty much doing great! That's how we all secretly live our lives even though our blogs will make them look a lot smoother!
Post a Comment