This talk has rang true with me with our current political course. I believe that what Ezra Taft Benson says in this talk is true and that this is happening today. There is part one and part two.
Also the third clip is an audio clip of Ezra Taft Benson after he was the Secretary of Agriculture and met with Khrushchev, a Russian leader. (This is sourced from The Glenn Beck show, what GB has to say is interesting, but the heart of the message is from Ezra Taft Benson.)
1)
2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isLB2oH3Mew
3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTDmGt1Pafw
Another source that runs along the same viens is the Marion G. Romney talk in this months Ensign about self reliance. This article is the way to spiritual and physical self reliance. I know that if every church member strives to become self reliant, it can have a huge positive impact on our economy.
5 comments:
I have listened to this before and it totally rang true. Crazy huh?
I love this talk. You can find a hard copy of it on byu's website under archived devotionals. I think it was given in 77. It's a great read. If you can't find it I have it on email.
Hi I'm a member of the church as well. I ran a blog search of Ezra Taft Benson and found yours. Have you ever read his political book "The Red Carpet:Socialism the Royal Road to Communism", because you would be interested. I have a lot of quotes from his book on my blog listed in my right column.
stricklandhappenings.blogspot.com
If you like my blog, spread the word. Let's get Benson Politics out there. He's articulate and convincing! (Ezra Taft Benson was the Secretary of Agriculture under Eisenhower and he wrote many political books.)
Hey, just I came back just to say one more thing. I don't know (obviously) if you've ever read the church's Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual used for institute and available for purchase at the distribution center. The enrichment section on the united order in the back has extensive doctrine laid on socialism compared to the united order. It is surprisingly specific. Marion G. Romney and Ezra Taft Benson have spoken the most about the subject. Just thought you might be interested, and I promise since I don't know you I'll stop visting your blog ok? :)
My husband said that Keynes was taught in the Weber State Econ Dept. I am no expert, but it wmay be that some Utah universities are an exception to the rule.
If you are a Dave Ramsey (econ radio show host) fan you may want to look up a clip from his show on you-tube about Pres. Obama and Keynes. The clip's title is:"Dave Ramsey Livid Over Obama Stimulus Bill"
Whoever posted it put goofy pics of Pres. Obama over the audio and that's the only reason I didn't post it.
Dave claims that Keynsian economics is taught in most U.S. universities like it's straight out of the Bible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKoF2xiyQ6Q
Post a Comment