Saturday, December 8, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was so great. For the second time in our six year history we stayed in Utah for Turkey day. The week before Thanksgiving Kristy, Loni, and Ellis came down from Seattle to visit us. The first day they were here we piled in the minivan and drove to Park City. On the way down we had stop in Ogden to get the tires changed. We didn't get to Park City until almost dark and then Dan had to go to a play for one of his classes. Our babysitter fell through so Dan and Loni went in while Kristy and I stayed in the lobby with the kids. That pretty much sums up the rest of the week, Dan and Loni doing fun things while Kristy and I watched the babies. With my two wild children, it just made everything a little bit harder.

Despite the difficulties of parenthood, it was so fun to see Kristy and Loni. I am glad that Dan and Lon are such good friends that Kristy and I became close so quickly when we were all single.
One day we went down to Salt Lake and went to Gardener Village to walk around the shops and look at their elf displays. We got some really cute pictures of Ellis, Adrienne, and Ashton.

Ellis is so gorgeous and a really good girl. She started crawling in our living room and she sat up too! It was awesome to she her grow up literally before our eyes.
For Thanksgiving Day, Dan and I went over to Sariah and Neum's house in Wellsville. Everyone from Washington caravaned down the night before. Marcus drove all the way from Delaware and Starla flew in from Indiana. We ate a ton of yummy food then went and played basketball and soccer at our church in Logan. It was so fun to see all of Dan's sisters. They are really fun to talk to.

1 comment:

Kristy Weaver said...

Kyla - I love you! You are such a great friend and it was great to see you all! Hopefully we will see you in January! Kristy